Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kitchen Contrast

After we got married, my husband and I were met with a delightful array of red kitchen appliances.  They were lovely.  However, they did not look lovely with the orange paint we had chosen for our kitchen:


This is not a good photo, but you can see the orange walls in the background.  We had painted the kitchen a bright yellow/orange color thinking it would be festive.  Turns out, not so much.  I don't have a picture of the walls with the red appliances, but trust me, it was not good.  We decided to repaint and add some more contrast.  I think the end result is much better:


We keep a few of the more frequently used appliances on the counter, and the rest are kept above for storage.   


So today's lesson is: don't be afraid to try things that end up looking horrible.  Just try, try again :)

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)