Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ICC #12- Lucky

Alright.  For the Iron Craft Challenge this week, I started with grand dreams of a large embroidery project filled with different song lyrics.  Lesson I learned, don't try to make a large project in a short amount of time when you are not used to the technique.  However, I still had fun making a small version of my original idea:


I went with the song Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.  I used fabric, thread, and a small embroidery hoop that I had on hand.  I did not use a pattern, but just free-handed it.  Next time I would like to use a pattern, but I didn't want to buy any new materials and I was not sure how to MacGyver a fabric transfer.

I'm fairly pleased with the result.  Some of the letters are a bit wonky but it still makes me smile :)

Want to see some other crafters' projects?  Check them out at the Iron Craft Flickr site.

1 comment:

  1. good song. :) I wonder if you could just use a fabric pencil...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)