Monday, March 21, 2011

Lucky? Well...hopefully.

Alright.  My Iron Craft Challenge this week is to make something "Lucky."  This is the first week I have felt stumped.  Having good luck symbols just isn't my thing.

But I started thinking, and realized there are some songs I really like that have the word lucky in them, many of which being songs that are special to my husband and I.  The first of these is "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds; in fact, I walked down the aisle to an instrumental of this.  In addition, we really like the song "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.

So, I'm thinking I could make something using song lyrics.  And then I got it, embroidery.  True, I have not embroidered anything in ages and never designing my own pattern.  And true, I only have three days left to make this.  But hey, I like the idea of a song lyric embroidery piece, so let's make it happen!

I've been searching for inspiration and thought I would share the things I found.  First, a few music lyric examples.

Tears for Fears Embroidery by etsy artist GraceyMay
Snow Patrol Embroidery by etsy artist Santastitch
Now, a piece with words that aren't music lyrics.  I actually had a hard time finding many of these because it's become trendy to embroider inappropriate things.  I do like the idea of embroidering something non-traditional, but I still don't want to hang bad words on my wall.

Happy Place Embroidery by etsy artist merriweathercouncil
And finally, just for fun :)  I really like the silly goose.  He's just so silly!

Silly Goose Embroidery by etsy artist ISewpose
Moody Camel Embroidery by etsy artist WhatParty
I Love You Embroidery by etsy artist YourUniqueBoutique
Just Ride Embroidery by etsy artist thecareerscrapper
My finished piece will be posted on Wednesday.  Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. Hello... I found your blog on a handmadeology discussion and I'm follwing you now :)
    I am a huge music/lyrics fan so I'm really excited to see what you come up with! I love Jason & Colbie's song Lucky... it always puts me in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love embroidery! Thanks for sharing these...very cool!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)