Thursday, March 3, 2011

Apartment Art

Today, I thought we would take a tour of some of the artwork I have put on my walls.  Since I got married last August, I have really enjoyed decorating my first home together with my husband.  Here are some of my decorative touches.  I hope they can help inspire you!



I found these three paintings from a thrift store, but they are originally from Pottery Barn Kids.  I thought they had a quirky charm.


This is the custom illustration I purchased from Nan Lawson.  Below, I hung a sweet little cross stitch that I found at Marshall's.  I'm a sucker for vintage cross-stitch and at $2, this seemed like an easy way to fake it.
Starting from left and moving right and down: 1.Print of Ballet Dancers by Dega 2.Original watercolor purchased from street vendor in Peru 3.Original acrylic cardinal painting by me 4.Original acrylic landscape by me 5. Original acrylic song sparrow painting by me 6.Original bird print by my friend Leah 7.Original acrylic landscape by me 8.Print of painting by Alphonse Mucha 9.Print of Don Quixote by Picasso
Here is a cluster of paintings that I hung above the couch in the living room.  It showcases some of my own art as well as some of my favorite paintings.  I bought cheap frames at a thrift store and painted them all the same color. 

What artwork have you put in your own home?

1 comment:

  1. I was noticing the three paintings over the door on Monday night and thought they were so cool! Can't believe you found them at a thrift store!! I never thought about just buying cheap frames and painting them. I never would have guessed that you had done that for the ones over the couch. We really do need to hang out and be crafty so I can learn some of your tricks. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)