Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Rings In Progress

I'm working on some new rings for Valentine's day and I wanted to show off some in progress photos.  I'm using wooden hearts and covering them with fabric like normal, but this time I added some details.


I started by outlining one in black and it grew from there.  I love the bold, graphic look of it and I think it helps to define the heart.




One thing I'm trying to decide though is should I keep the natural wood on the edge/bottom or paint the whole thing (black or other matching color)?  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. They look great so far! I like the bare wood around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmn...I like the exposed wood edges best I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, I really fell in love with the one with the red flower on. If you ask me I would have paint the edges in a matching colour. My personal opinion though. I'm sure these will look great whatever you choose to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)