Thursday, December 15, 2011

Homemade Christmas Gifts

This year I'm trying to make or buy only handmade gifts.  Here are a few of the Christmas gifts I have been working on lately.  I don't think the recipients of either of these gifts read my blog...fingers crossed.

First is a picture frame for my sister-in-law.  I took a plain wooden frame and stained it.  Then I added some fabric pieces and accented with black paint. 



Next is a necklace for my mother-in-law.  I took an earring that had lost its mate and added a jump ring.  Then I added a chain and -voila- a necklace!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces! I especially love what you did with the frame. I know that your sister-in-law will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both great! You are so darn creative in so many areas!
    Love the idea of turning a lone earring into a pendant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)