Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Wrap-Up

I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday and hopefully a nice day off today, whether you are fighting the crowds at the mall or snuggling at home and munching on leftovers.  We had a great day yesterday.  I ate way more than I should of and we played a game of Settlers of Catan that took almost as long to explain as to play.  Here's a few photos from the day.

Here are the table settings.  I didn't buy any special fall settings but used my favorite thrifted place mats and honeybee napkin rings.


However, we did have a nice festive mantle.  My fall embroidery piece is still propped up there along with a nice mix of real and fake pumpkins.  Plus the family photos of those far away today.


I didn't actually cook in this, but I did put on my new apron to show off for company.  I found this earlier this week at an antique store and just love it.  It's really more of a "decorative" apron :)


Although both of our turkeys took longer than we expected, I think they both turned out pretty well.


Eugene even carved our cake pop turkey.  I had a chocolate wing and a slice of vanilla.  Yum yum!


On top of our turkey cake, we had plenty of desserts.  Our friends made AMAZING food.


That's it!  I hope you had a great day yesterday.  Don't forget, I will be selling my work in Bellevue, WA today if you want to stop by the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)