Friday, January 3, 2014

Travel Map Tote

Hello!  Did everyone have a nice Christmas?  We had a jam-packed week in KS visiting my family.  It was wonderful.  There wasn't much time for crafting, but I did whip this guy up the night before we left.


I ordered this tote bag crafting kit from Darby Smart.  I used some of my own paint along with the materials in the kit and ended up with this map tote.


As cool as it was, I thought it would be fun to dress it up a bit more by marking where I have traveled on it.  I used embroidery floss to add a little yellow "x" to my home state.  After we returned home from KS, I used some red floss to mark off Kansas City. 



I stored my needle and thread in a small Altoids tin and plan on carrying it with me while I travel.  I don't really want to try and go back and add all the places I have been already so I'm going to just start marking from now on.


I had a lot of fun making this project.  It was easy to create but feels really fun and personal. 

4 comments:

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)