Thursday, August 23, 2012

Easy Anniversary Gift: Custom Mug

As I mentioned, Tuesday was Eugene and I's two year anniversary.  We decided to keep gifts simple this year since we have a lot going on with the move and the baby.  Here's what I whipped up:


I found a plain mug from Goodwill and then drew on it with a special ceramic paint pen.  I chose to do the lyrics from our first dance song.


Once dry, I baked it in the oven according the the directions on the pen.  Now it is dishwasher safe! 


I didn't realize I was doing it at the time, but this is actually a perfect gift for the 2 year anniversary.  While the traditional gift is cotton, the modern gift is china.  A mug counts as china, right?

7 comments:

  1. Great gift! And LOL on the mug being china--I think it counts especially since you may not be using china too often when the little one arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, I love simple gifts like this. Hand how perfect that it worked out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that a fancy pen can turn a Goodwill mug into such a special and thoughtful gift! I bet he LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mug is a sturdily built type of cup often used for drinking hot beverages, such as coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. Mugs, by definition, have handles and often hold a larger amount of fluid than other types of cup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Enjoy yours, having mine soon. Yes these Custom Mugs are really ideal gift for holidays, birthdays etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)