Thursday, February 23, 2012

A "Lovely" Felt Garland

I was inspired by a heart garland I saw recently and decided to try making my own.  I got it up a little bit after Valentine's Day, but it's still fun to have up.


I used different colors and didn't add the felt balls, but otherwise I pretty much followed the tutorial.  I felt like my hearts didn't retain their shape quite as well as I hoped, but it still made a fun, swirly garland.


I created this piece for a team challenge for a team I am on, The Blogging Business Artisans.  Each month we have a challenge and this month was to create something to do with love.  What's more love than hearts?


5 comments:

  1. Great challenge piece! I love that you used lots of colors...it can stay up all year long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece! I've never really seen one done like this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these tutorials floating around online. You did a great job with it. Maybe a fabric stiffener would help the hearts hold their shape?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so pretty and free spirited!
    Great challenge project! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say a garland of hearts is perfect year round! A gentle reminder to be kind to those we love. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)