Saturday, December 31, 2011

Crewel Embroidery

Since I finished my Christmas piece yesterday, I am now free to work on a new embroidery kit that I received as a Christmas gift!  My parents gave me this kit for crewel embroidery and I'm very excited because it is a technique I have been wanting to try!


I first heard of crewel while helping with the Urban Craft Uprising show.  I saw some awesome pieces by Tako Fibers.

Bird Embroidery Kit

You can buy finished pieces but also kits, so I might have to try one of these kits next.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful kit! I've never done crewel embroidery and will be interested to hear how it goes. The kits from Urban Craft are beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful design and it looks like you've gotten a good start! I used to do crewel but haven't in years -- cross-stitch kind of took over for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)