Sunday, September 25, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

I had a very successful trip last week to my local Value Village.  Question, are value villages local?  I've never been to one before I moved to WA.  Anyway, it's my thrift store of choice.  Here's what I found last time.

Awesome vintage globe.  I already have a globe that my husband gave me while we were dating, but I just couldn't resist the charm of this one.  Plus, now whenever I need to I can find Czechoslovakia, the USSR, or the Territory of Hawaii.


Next, this fun little vintage place mat set.  They're floral printed with red on one side and blue on the other. 


Finally, these two metal tins.  I don't even know what to do with all my metal tins I've collected.  I just can't resist them and at $0.50, how could I say no?




Have you found anything good lately?  What's your favorite thrift store to visit?

1 comment:

  1. When it comes down to it I'm a Goodwill girl for sure, that was my first thrift store, and is usually my favorite. Growing up in Oregon we had Value Village there, too. One of my other favorites though is a specific St. Vincent de Paul on Aurora in north Seattle. That store has awesome vintage clothes, great prices and a whole room for books.

    Mandy
    DrapesOfWrath.etsy.com
    DrapesOfWrathAprons.blogspot.com
    BehindTheDrapes.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)