Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ICC #36: Honeycomb Necklace

This week on Iron Craft Challenge we were challenged to create a piece worthy of the state fair.  There were many categories to choose from; some expected and some crazy.  I was drawn to one called "Bee and Honey Art."  I've always been a fan of honeybees for their awesome behavior, so this seemed like the perfect chance.

Several months ago, I was experimenting with my soldering iron and created a little piece made from hexagonal washers.  I hadn't done anything with it yet, so now was the time.  I thought it looked a bit like a honeycomb, so I spray-painted it gold and called it a necklace.


I didn't have any metal findings that I thought went well with the color, so I used some red suede cord.


Want to see more Iron Craft pieces?  Check out the flickr group here.  Want to join in the fun?  Check out the blog here.

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)