Friday, July 29, 2011

Baptism Gifts

I'm flying to KS tomorrow (again!) for my little niece's baptism.  I can't wait to see how much she's grown over the last few months!  And rumor has it, I get to take her swimming. 

I wanted to bring home presents and I actually ended up making presents for her parents (So if you are reading this Mike and Karolien-STOP!).  I guess you normally bring special present for the baby, but she's three months so I think it was okay to focus on the parents as well :)

For my sister-in-law, I created this special little necklace.  I put a picture of my niece between two pieces of glass and soldered around the edges.  I also added a small crystal "diamond" because my niece was born in April and the birthstone for that month is diamond.


For my brother, I kept it simple and just printed out a really cute picture and put it in a thrift store frame.  The frame was originally light wood, but I painted it black.  It's small so I thought that it would be the perfect size for his desk at work.

7 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! Hope you have a blast! I'm off to Cali this weekend to visit my dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the necklace! This will be so special for her mother :) And the frame will be perfect for your brother's desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and adorable! Hvae fun!!

    Lauralee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice idea! Both gifts are great. Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and gifts! The necklace is so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great gifts. Have a nice visit! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great blog, usually i don't post comments on blogs but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do.

    so!Find great information about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)