Wednesday, June 8, 2011

ICC#23-My Family Map

Hello Lovely (or Handsome) Blog Readers!

I am back from my travels in KS.  I had a great time this past week visiting family and particularly meeting my beautiful little niece.

But now I am happy to be back in WA and enjoying the Iron Craft Challenge once again.  For this week's project, our theme was "maps."  Since I was traveling, I was without craft supplies and decided to do a digital project instead.  Extra bonus, I was inspired by my travels to make this project.  I'll show it to you, and then give you a bit of background.


I had been thinking a lot about how my family lives fairly spread out and has also lived in many different places.  I thought it would be fun to trace our paths through the different places where we have lived to show how we have traveled and connected.  This map shows my husband and I, starting from our birth and tracing out where we have lived until now.  I also filled in the states with pictures representing ourselves at that stage.

I had grand dreams of doing our parents and siblings as well, but getting the project to this point was enough for me right now.  I really picture this as a fabric piece, a sort of quilt wall hanging.  I would like to photo-transfer our pictures onto fabric and then stitch out the different family lines.  I may try this, and if anyone else feels inspired to try something like this, share the results with me!

Want to see more Iron Craft pieces?  Check out the flickr group here.  Want to join in the fun?  Check out the blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)