Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Try and Try Again: Lessons from a sewing project

Today I will be sharing a project I completed that took me two tries.  I wanted to sew a small business card holder and found a nice little pattern online.  My sewing skills are still improving, and this seemed like a good project to work on.

Here are some photos of my first try.  It looked alright, but was sloppy.  My seams don't always go straight.  This resulted in the pockets sticking out from the side and being a very tight fit for business cards.




I used it for a few days but just couldn't deal with it.  I tried again.  This time I went VERY slowly.  It's still not perfect, but much cleaner.



The lesson learned here: there's no shame in making a mistake while crafting.  You can always try again!  Keep on learning and each time will get a little better.

3 comments:

  1. If you don't have a seam ripper, you should get one. I loved that thing when I used to sew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I had a nickel for every time I had to try again! It would be nice though if everything turned out right the first time! I like the business card holder and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! I love the fabric you used for the cover. I'm glad you didn't get discouraged and tried again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)