Wednesday, March 16, 2011

ICC11- Totally Easy Being Green

This week's Iron Craft Challenge was to create something the color green.  This was an easy challenge for me.  Green is my favorite color.  The real challenge would be to NOT make something the color green.

I decided to go outside my normal crafting realm and make a macrame plant holder.  I wanted something fun to hang out on the porch and hopefully I can manage to keep a plant alive by leaving it out in the sun :)

I got lucky with some bright green cord that I found at a thrift store and then I purchased a pack of brightly colored wooden beads from the craft store.  I couldn't find the right size metal ring, so I just used a loop of picture hanging wire.  I used this pattern.

Here are some pictures of the finished product.  Now I just need a plant and a place to hang it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)