Friday, March 18, 2011

Candelabra Transformation

Almost a year ago, I found a fantastic candelabra at Goodwill.  It had great shape.  Only one problem, it was missing a candle cup.


I thought about this for awhile, and finally decided I would try and replace the cup.  I ended up finding another candle holder at a thrift store that had almost the same size cup and could be removed easily.


I then used epoxy to glue the cup onto the candelabra.


Finally, I decided to change the color and I spray painted it red (you can see how careful I am when I work with paint :)


Check out the final product!  I little off-center but with charm, like all the best re-loved pieces.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful transformation. I love the red with the white candles. So neat to see things that might be thrown out given new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your color choice! The red really pops. Hi from your newest follower... I just found your blog on the handmadeology etsy team discussion page. I'm trying to visit as many of the blogs on the thread as I can :) Please visit and follow my blog, too!

    Thanks!

    <3jenna(saurus)
    http://jennasaurusfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from my readers :)